Clergy Change Checklist
What does a church need to do ensure new clergy receive pension and health benefits?
- Enter the new salary into the Dashboard as soon as possible. For assistance in completing the salary worksheet, click here.
- Determine if health benefits will be provided.
- Alert the Board of Pensions if the new clergy needs to sign up for the Blue Shield PPO or the Kaiser Permanente HMO.
- Have the new clergy member complete the appropriate enrollment forms.
- Return the enrollment forms to the Board of Pensions.
For more information on health benefit plans, click here.
- Ensure that the Church has completed an Adoption Agreement with Wespath.
- Determine how much the new employee will be contributing to their UMPIP account.
- Have the employee complete the Contribution Election Form.
- Have an authorized representative of the church sign the Contribution Election Form.
- Return the Contribution Election Form to the Board of Pensions.