Setting up UMPIP
The United Methodist Personal Investment Plan (UMPIP) is a retirement plan that is administered by Wespath Benefits and Investments (Wespath). It is available to all eligible participants if the employer or salary-paying unit sponsors the plan.
- Churches must complete an Clergy Adoption Agreement and/or a Lay Employee Participation Adoption Agreement.
- The Adoption Agreements must be signed by an authorized user for the salary-paying unit (this is usually a Finance Chair, Treasurer, or SPRC Chair)
- The signed form should be sent directly to Wespath:
- Email: Retservices@wespath.org
- Fax 847-730-0490
- Mail: Wespath Benefits and Investments, Retirement Services
1901 Chestnut Avenue, Glenview, IL 60025
Contribution Election Form
- Once there is an Adoption Agreement in place, the employee and the church must complete a Contribution Election Form.
- The employee must decide whether they want to contribute a percentage of their salary or a flat amount.
- The employee must also decide if they want to make a pre-tax, Roth IRA, or after-tax contribution
- This form should be submitted to the Board of Pensions office:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: 916-913-1449
- Mail: 1337 Howe Avenue, Suite 200
Sacramento, CA 95825
The church must set up the payroll deduction based on the type of contribution that the employee selects on the Contribution Election Form.
The church will be billed directly by Wespath for all UMPIP contributions and payment should be remitted directly to Wespath. These contributions are not included in the pension bill that is sent out monthly by the Board of Pensions.
Call the Board of Pensions at 916-913-1049 with any questions.